When you understand the principles of good nutrition, it is really very easy to add optimum nutrition to everyday living. There is a simple process to follow in determining the level of nutrition you now receive and planning a course that will take you to optimum nutrition. Follow these steps to correct any nutritional deficits in your current diet and improve your diet to optimum nutritional levels.
- Evaluate the diet plan you currently have. Keep a journal of all the food to eat. Be sure to note when you eat them and why you eat them. At the end of a month, read through your journal and look for patterns that you would like to eliminate (such as emotional eating patterns) and foods that you are consuming that do nothing but deliver empty calories. These are the areas you will wish to focus on first.
- For every negative eating pattern or empty calorie food you wish to remove from your current eating habits, plan on adding two positive eating habits or healthful foods to replace them. Improving nutrition is far better defined by adding good things than by removing negative things from your daily life.
- Set a regular schedule for eating including a light breakfast, a hearty lunch, a light dinner and healthful snacks in between. Be sure to give yourself pure, whole, nutritious foods that will satisfy you and keep you well. You deserve this!
- Be sure to take a good multi vitamin everyday. Add extra vitamin C and B to keep your immune system strong. Also include omega three fatty acids such as fish oil or flaxseed oil to keep your central nervous system and joints well nourished and to maintain overall optimum health.
- At the beginning of each week, sketch out a menu plan and create a shopping list for the week ahead. Planning in advance helps you to keep your calorie and nutrition intake under control and, in the long run, it saves you money by avoiding wasted food.
- Take a high nutrition cooking class so that you can prepare very delicious and nutritious meals at home. Avoid eating in fast food restaurants. Save eating out for special occasions at finer restaurants that use higher quality and more healthful ingredients.
Getting great nutrition into your life is not impossible; however, it does take a bit of education and planning. When you learn how to feed yourself well and nurture your health and well-being, you will surely be happy with the results. A happy and often unexpected side effect of nutritious eating is that, in addition to being healthier and stronger, you will also save money on food and even on medical care. Eventually, as your health improves, you will even save money on insurance. Follow these steps to improve your health and improve your life and become a glowing example of what mindful eating can do.