A lot of us want to be fit, but not enough of us do the work it takes to slim down and get fit. A lot of people find it boring to stick with exercise programs and repetitive moves. However, getting fit can be a great deal of fun to get fit if you know what to do. Here are some fitness tips that are effective and enjoyable.
1. Determine how much fun you’re having right now. If your answer is none, you’ve got some work to do. Think about the boring exercises you don’t like, and cut them completely. There are enough physical activities around so you can do things that are fun and feel good to your body.
2. Try something new. If your fitness routine involves a treadmill and an elliptical machine, you need to get out more. Go on a nature hike. Go riding a real bike along the countryside. Take up a dance class. Not only will you get fit in the process, but you will be trying something fun and new.
3. Enlist your friends to exercise with you. If you’re a busy person you probably don’t see much of your friends. When you meet for exercise you can exercise and socialize. And isn’t everything better with friends?
4. Know your reasons for exercising. If you’re trying things and they aren’t working, get serious about why you’re getting fit in the first place. Get honest with yourself about your motivations. Are they compelling enough to keep you going? Think about your motivation every day before you start exercising, and right after you’re done. Call someone up and have them remind you what you’re doing this for, and do it. Keeping your reasons for exercising in mind will help you stay focused on what you need to do and why.
5. Be patient. It took you years to get this way, it’s going to take some time for you to reverse the downward spiral. It doesn’t happen overnight, but it will happen, especially if you stick with it. It might help you to keep a journal of what you’re doing so you can look back and see that you are making progress and that things really are getting better for you.
6. Skip a day or two. This is something that everyone looks forward to. If you’ve decided to take up exercise and find that it’s rough, it’s ok to take a day off. Don’t punish yourself for a day off here and there. Know that you are doing your best and renew your commitment the next time you start again. There is no shame in taking a break for yourself; just make sure you get started one more time.
Exercise doesn’t have to be terrible. Getting fit doesn’t have to be a chore. You can make the changes you want to make to be sure that you get fit on your terms. Use the tips in this article and you will find that you are more likely to stick with fitness.