Fitness means more than weight loss. It is really about setting a healthy tone for your life that will keep your body healthy and your mind light. When you are fit, you look better, but more importantly, you feel better. Here are some smart tips to get you fit and feeling fine.
1. Exercise first thing every day. When you exercise in the morning, you take away the biggest excuse that people have, which is that they don’t have time. When you wake up, there are no distractions and you have nothing in your day that has made you so tired that you can’t exercise. Getting it over with will help you, and you won’t even remember doing it by the time you are ready to go to sleep at night!
2. At the supermarket, only shop the perimeter. Fitness is more than just exercise. It’s an entire lifestyle, and when you eat well, you help yourself. A really easy way to make sure you are eating what you are supposed to, is to just shop around the outside aisles in your supermarket. That is where the fresh produce and products are. Stay away from the interior aisles, which are usually filled with processed foods that don’t need refrigeration.
3. Join an online forum for fitness folks. When you first get started, it is easier to surround yourself with like-minded people. Get involved in a group or an online forum with people who can support you because they know where you’ve been and what you are going through. They can give you suggestions on how to exercise and also provide you with moral support that you need. Don’t be afraid to ask for help or to express feelings of frustration. They will understand and can help you get through it.
4. Give yourself time off. Everyone needs a break, and when you take the time to step away from thinking about fitness all the time, you will feel better overall. Getting fit can be quite a lifestyle change, so if you need time to cheat on your diet or skip exercise for a few days, that means you’re human. Don’t be too hard on yourself.
5. Keep going. Sometimes you will feel like giving up. That’s normal. The key is to commit to being fit. Tell everyone you know about your plans and you will discover that you are better for working through the problems and for sticking with it. You might even keep a journal for describing your feelings and setbacks. You will stay motivated from reading about your successes and reading about how you made it through your journey.
6. Help friends and family to do what you did. Helping others makes you feel good, and when you can help your loved ones enjoy good health, it feels great.
Use the tips laid out here to help yourself get fit and fabulous. Stick with it, and you will discover that you really do start to feel better, as well as look better. Stick with your plans and you will see some great results.