A decision to get fit is not one made lightly. And once you decide to make the change, it does not have to be hard to follow through on. You just have to have a plan in place and ideas to move you forward. You can start getting fit today if you heed the following fitness tips.
1. Make a commitment to getting fit. Tell everyone you know that you are going to be more healthy–that way, everyone will be more than happy to keep you accountable every time they see anything that even looks like it might be taking you away from fitness!
2. Make a plan that you will follow. Come up with a comprehensive plan that you can actually see yourself doing. If you are not used to any kind of exercise, for example, do not tell yourself you are going to run a mile every morning. Make your plan with yourself in mind. You can always change it when you can do more.
3. Exercise first thing in the morning. Don’t wait until after work when you’re exhausted and beat. Let first light be the time to energize your body with a good workout. If you’re lucky, by lunchtime you’ll be scratching your head and wondering if that was a dream.
4. Up your produce intake. It is critical to eat fruits and vegetables when you are seeking a healthy lifestyle, and these foods are perfect. They are low in calories and packed with all kinds of vitamins and minerals.
5. Take days off. Everyone has to take a break, even those who are trying to be healthy. Do not beat yourself up when you want to take a break, just get up and start again the next day. You might even want to schedule breaks, so you feel freer and less guilty about it!
6. Get help when you need it. If you need a coach or a trainer, get one. They can help you stay on track, and give you ideas for workouts that work out well. You can also get plenty of support and answers from people in fitness groups and online fitness programs.
7. Work out with friends. Working out with friends is a smart and fun way to get your exercise in. You can socialize with people you like, while at the same time fulfilling your promise to yourself and your body.
8. Never give up. More than anything, this is what you have to keep in mind. If you have made a commitment to being fit, don’t let anything stop you. If you have a setback, that’s fine–just get up again and start over. You can be fit if you really just decide that you will do it no matter what.
Being fit is more than losing weight; it’s really about living your life in the most healthy way you can. These tips can help you on that path, and you can be much happier mentally and physically if you follow them.